Wednesday, August 3, 2011


I know this is probably the oddest, least festive birthday card ever.... BUT.... My future daughter-in-law is a theater teacher and I am hopeful that this birthday card will appeal to the artsy, theatrical side of her personality.

I used Graphic45 papers on this card.  There are actually two lines of Graphic 45 represented here, but as both are black, white and tan, I felt that they worked well together.

I used Cricut Design Studio with George and Basic Shapes and Base Camp to create this card.  The Happy Birthday tag was created with Base Camp and stamped with a Stampin' Up stamp.  Otherwise, every other element on the card was created with geometric shapes in George.   


The theater comedy and tragedy masks are oval shapes from George with a moon shape cut out of the top.  I used a pen and craft knife to draw and cut the eyes and mouth shapes. I cut the mask bottoms in the mime print cardstock. I cut one mask in the white and black print cardstock, which I cut in half and fashioned the facial features for the masks.

I added a wide black ribbon with a bow around the card and then I added a smaller black print ribbon to attach the tag.  I like the tiny safety pin which attaches the tag to the bow.

Inside the card I used black ink and a generic Happy Birthday stamp I picked up at Hobby Lobby.   And below you can get one more view of the bottom front of the card.

Thanks for stopping by today.  It was nasty hot here today and I am sooo looking forward to the end of this summer and some cooler weather.  Ironically we had one of our coldest winters ever last winter and now this nasty-hot summer.  What can we say?  Thank you, La Nina. 

Popular Posts