Wednesday, March 23, 2011


I have been struggling with locating my paper crafting mojo in recent weeks (hence the lack of posting).  Every so often I feel like my mojo takes a holiday and leaves me floundering.  I have found all sorts of activities and interests that I have let seduce me from the craft room while awaiting the return of my designing mojo.  Well tonight I put my foot down, designed a card, and made time for my Cricut.

I have always loved this pretty wedding dress cut from the Tie the Knot cartridge but I had not previously done much with the dress.  I needed a wedding card and I thought it was time to play with this dress.  I cut the shadow layer in a creamy white color.  The icon cut was completed in smooth white cardstock. And the overlay piece was cut (cutting twice) in a heavy white glitter cardstock.  


The base card was cut in ecru cardstock by welding two mirror image shapes from the Lacey Labels cartridge.  I trimmed the edges of the card front with a silver paint pen.  I also cut a top layer background in the same shape, but half an inch smaller than the base card, in a subtle yellow-cream floral tone on tone print.

I finished card with diamond gems using my I-Rock tool. I added silver paint to the dress sash and topped it with gems. I also added cream organza ribbon and flowers to soften and bling the card a bit.


I will be spending the weekend at the lake with my scrappy girlfriends and if anyone can help me find my missing mojo, this group can! So hopefully my blog will soon be back to normal.

Popular Posts