Thursday, July 22, 2010



So I let you guys know that Carol's Daugther was expanding the very popular Hair Milk into a complete collection with shampoo, conditioner, and a new verison of Hair Milk, Hair Milk Lite. So I've had the pleasure of testing out the products, so here comes yet another review!

First up, Hair Milk Curl Perfecting Shampoo ($16, Sephora.com)

Claims: A nourishing shampoo for the type of hair that needs it most...curls. Cuts frizz, gently removes dirt, oil and product build-up. Made with essential oils plus Vitamin A to help condition the scalp and keep moisture in. Gives curls what they need for that desired healthy, bouncy look.
Thoughts: This shampoo cleansed my scalp well without drying out my hair. The scent is light and fresh with hints of citrus which is a plus because you know how strong the scents in the Carol's Daughter product range can be. Specifically made for Curly girls this shampoo is SLS/SLES/Sulfate-Free which is a plus for many of you guys!

Hair Milk Curl Perfecting Conditioner ($19, Sephora.com)
Claims: The perfect companion to our nourishing, Curl Perfecting Shampoo. An indulgent, penetrating, moisture treatment that restores while supporting healthy-looking natural curls. Made with essential oils plus Pro-Vitamin B5 and Biotin to help replenish and strengthen hair with the natural nutrients it’s thirsting for, leaving your curls under control…which is where they belong.

Thoughts: I absolutely LOVE this conditioner. The scent is the same as the shampoo, light and fresh with hints of citrus. This conditioner made my hair feel like light fluffy strands of silk as soon as I applied it to my entire head. My hair was soft and especially easy to detangle, which I'm sure all the natural heads out there will appreciate. After washing and conditioning my hair was easy to part and smooth while wet which is sometimes a real task especially considering I'm between 8-10 weeks post relaxer.

Hair Milk Lite The Curl Booster
Claims: A curl’s best friend. A curl boosting, weightless lotion that tames frizz while defining your curls. Adapted from our famous original formula, Hair Milk Lite is made with essential oil of Lemon and Vitamin C for an extra light, moisturizing hold.


Thoughts: After shampooing and conditioner with the new Hair Milk Collection I decided it would only be right to moisturize my ends with the new Hair Milk Lite to round out the styling process. I truly wish I would have never done that and just stuck with my usual 'juice' because my hair went from having that light, fresh citrus scent to smelling like old powder. I can't stand the scent of the new Hair Milk Lite, it reminds of expired powder and to make matters worse the scent lingers. Although, the scent of the Hair Milk Lite is definitely lighter than the original it's still not pleasant. If you can get past the smell, the Hair Milk Lite is good moisturizer for natural hair as it was still a bit too heavy for my relaxed hair.

Popular Posts