Thursday, May 20, 2010


If there's one thing you should know about me other than I'm crazy about healthy hair I love steak.  When I say steak I'm not talking a tiny little filet either, I want a huge juicy bone in steak with a little bit of fat running through it.  On the side?  I want something hearty and flavorful!  This past weekend my boyfriend took me out to Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Weehawken and we had a wonderful time!  Our waiter, Greg was amazing!  He recommended the Cowboy Ribeye and that's what I had. 



It was a fairly large bone-in steak with a moderate amount of fat, for me that's no problem but if you don't like as much fat go for the New York Strip.  That's what my BF had and he really liked it.  When they say "follow the sizzle" they really mean it.  Your steak is served on a 500 degree hot plate and it actually sizzles as it's served to your table.  Here's a little bit of an embarrassing confession: I can't eat steak without ketchup, but that's really a no-no in a more upscale steak house.  Leave it to Greg, he was about to sneak me a little dish of ketchup so I could really enjoy my steak, but not before we all had a little laugh about the whole situation. 

But hands down my favorite item: Sweet Potato Casserole!  It's mashed super smooth and topped with a pecan crust, it's more like a dessert than an actual side item.  AMAZING!!!


Taste it yourself:
Ruth's Chris Steak House

1000 Harbor Blvd.
Lincoln Harbor,
Weehawken, NJ 07086
Phone: (201) 863 - 5100

Popular Posts