Sunday, August 2, 2009


Happy Bitten by the Bug Christmas in July... Errr, make that August! The BBTB challenge cut of the week is image 13, the snowflake, from Accent Essentials. I really like this cut and have used it on a number of scrap layouts.


I used an acetate overlay cut with the snowflake card from A Child's Year cartridge. (Important side note - this cartridge is AWESOME! I love, love, love the variety of cute cuts available - the silhouettes, the tags, the fabulous cards!!)


I cut the snowflake shadow feature in silver paper and the top layer in white cardstock. I used the fiskars border punch to cut small flakes in white and silver for the background card layer. I also cut the two snowflakes that were cut out of the acetate layer in silver paper and glued them directly under the cutout spots. I finished off the front of the card with a Stampin' Up stamp, "Season's Greetings". Stamped inside is a lovely peaceful Christmas verse.


The card is finished off with a white and light blue bow, sporting a crystallized snowflake. I cut two slits in the front two layers of the card and slipped the blue ribbon through from the back. I used the blue ribbon to the tie the white bow in place. I used a strong adhesive and attached the crystallized snowflake to the bow.

Popular Posts