Sunday, March 8, 2009


This afternoon I attended the March meeting of Stamp Club. Our Stampin' Up demonstrator, Steph, always has the nicest projects for us at stamp club. This month we did a card exchange (see cup cake card in previous post) and I received some truly amazing cards from the other club members.

Stampin' Up has a current special called Sale-a-bration. Check the flyer on Steph's website for more details. Basically if you spend $50 on a stampin' up order (in person or on-line), you get to select from the sale-a-bration free products. Last month I ordered several ink pads from Steph's website.... and I chose to receive the botanical stamp set for free.

At today's meeting I noticed the sale brochure had a demo on water coloring with stamps. I asked Steph about the technique, then tried it out this evening. I WILL do this again... It was fun, easy and creative. Sadly, I ran out of red ribbon and could not finish the cards tonight. I went ahead and photographed the unfinished cards just so I could share.


I used my nesties to cut out the water colored/stamped image, then I used the scalloped nesties to make frames.


I tried a little "after the fact" water coloring of the background on this card. It adds color, but I think there must be a better way.


This little guy was cut with the circle sets, again, just to add interest. Also because I wanted to see what a different shape would look like.


I can't wait to finish these cards.... They really were fun!

Popular Posts